Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Moms Cry, Too

I spend so much time trying to help my children learn and grow, and hoping they'll catch on to life soon, that sometimes I forget to just watch them. And then I run into a day like today where I can't help but cry a little and wonder when my babies grew up.
Two weeks ago, Davin started Kindergarten. He's been doing fabulous, by the way. Here's hoping it stays that way, but I think his teacher is a much better fit for him (and all around teacher) than his preschool teacher was.
I've been hanging out with Charis a lot more since her brother is in school, and let me tell you, she's a pretty cool little chick. Her personality just shines and she really has matured a bit even in just her two weeks of exclusive mommy time.
Yesterday, Davin had the first practice of his second (SECOND!) season of soccer, while Charis went to her very first dance class. They both did great. Amazing. Conducted themselves well.
What the heck happened here? When did they decide to grow up on me?  When did they turn into the coolest kids ever?
So, that's why this mom had to shed a few tears today. Hormones? Maybe. I don't know. But I know I'll be paying much closer attention from now on.

No comments: