Wednesday, February 04, 2015

Reflecting on my Leadership Retreat



A little over a week ago, I was coming home from a Younique Leadership Retreat and Certification that I earned through working my business.  I feel like it's important to share some of my experience with you, because, although you may not have been there, you may be looking for the same things I didn't even know I was looking for.  You may need what I needed deep down.

Now that I'm home, I'm a bit overwhelmed with the numerous things I have to reflect on, and the fuel that I have for my fire going forward.  I seriously don't even really know where to start with it all.

Through the weekend we had the opportunity to tour our corporate offices, like really tour and talk to the people who make things happen for us behind the scenes.  These are some amazing people who truly care about not only their jobs, but the people involved in and affected by them, as well.  After, our CEO and his beautiful wife had us all over at his home for dinner and just visiting and fun.  What CEO does that?  Not many.  But ours did.
 
 

I don't want to go into too much detail where the bulk of the retreat is concerned, because I would love for every woman to get to experience this for herself.  But, in a gorgeous lodge in a snowy setting, I bonded with 25 other women and I really got to know the heart of this company.  Our CEO, Derek, and his sister, Melanie, who cofounded the company, shared their personal trials and triumphs with us, as well as their vision for why they started this company. 
 
 

I know we hear fluff talk all the time, but trust me when I say, this is not fluff.  I don't do fluff, I don't sugar coat things.  I now know that these are truly the most genuine people with their hearts in the exact right place.  They are not here for the money; they don't need it.  This was started to help women like their sister who needed to earn money but weren't able to, and needed something to validate them.  This was started to help fund a foundation for women who have been dragged down by life in the most horrible ways so that they may be lifted up again.  I now have an absolute belief in this company and the people involved.
 
 

I know I needed this as a woman, a wife, a mom, and leader.  I needed to be given perspective on all the hats I wear in my life, and to be given permission to put my priorities in the right order.  But mostly, I needed to understand that I am in the right place now and this company is right for me.  With Younique I have gained something I didn't know I was looking for.  I have my confidence back, I have to tools to be the person I need to be, I have a business I have always wanted, and I have a family made up of fellow presenters, amazing support staff, and founders who truly strive to uplift women everywhere.

If this sounds like you, if this is something you need for yourself, I am going to ask you to trust me.  We are going places, as a company and , more importantly, as individual women, all with our own story.  This company has the ability to change lives.  Let yours be one of them.
 
 

No comments: